Sunday 10 April 2011

Evaluation Of Thriller Film "Captured" Question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the product?
Technology has been an essential asset through the construction of this product. The whole of the creation and research has been based on Blogger. The use of a blog has made it simple and easy for me to create,update and organise my work. Without the need for paper, I haven't lost any of my work. The blog allowed me to look at others work, compare it to my own and improve as well as advising others. The blog also allowed our tutors to watch over us and give us weekly updates on work to be done and give us feedback.
For my research I used the blog to update all of my research into thriller films. I used YouTube and Flicker to illustrate my points about each film.The spell check allowed me to make sure all of my work is correct and I used the "Edit HTML" to embed photos, video clips and presentations to add the appeal to my work as well as to illustrate and back up points that I have made. I also used YouTube to watch clips of thriller films such as "Witness" and "Essex Boys" to establish by knowledge of the thriller genre and the conventions of the genre.
Technology made it a lot easier for group work as well, the use of mobile phones to contact each other was essential as well as the use of social networking sites to exchange photos and other items of information.
One of the most important things was learning how to work with the camera to get the quality shots that we needed. I recently bought a new camera and decided to use that for our film, I had to get attuned to all of the effects and settings on the camera. For example, I attuned the camera to create a gritty effect when filming the raining dark night, this created a CCTV effect. I worked with all the light and sound settings as well to get the best out of the camera. Using the camera taught me how to use different shots and angles to connote different meanings, such as a low angle shot connotes power.
After I had all the raw footage I used my own editing program called Pinnacle, I had a bit of practice with the program beforehand but nothing significant, I learned how to cut apart the footage, re-arranging it and adding in effects. For example, I changed the colour of some of the footage to tell the audience it was in the past. After the film had been put together I added titles, using motion titles added a professional feel to it. Lastly I had to add the soundtrack which a member of my group made using a music program.  

1 comment: