Wednesday 3 November 2010

Choosing My Font



These are a range of fonts that would suit my advert. My advert is going to be aimed at women. I thought that a curly natural flowing font would be needed to go along with the theme of nature and tie in with the likes of women. Most of these fonts are very feminine because they look hand written and are very curly. A lot of these fonts are serif as well, this is seen as more feminine.
In my example adverts, several of the ones aimed at women use these types of fonts.
My favorite 5 are Monotype corsiva, Freestyle script, French script, Mistral and Vivaldi. They are all very flowing apart from Monotype corsiva but Monotype corsiva is similar to the fonts that a few other examples of mine have used, whick i like.
Vivaldi- The vivaldi font is eye catching, it is sharp but runs smoothly. It is a feminine font and would fit well for the adverts main title but not for the writing. As soon as i saw this font it reminded my of perfume adverts.
Mistral- Mistral is a smooth, courvy font which flows well as well but it can be difficult to read, this could only be used for the title. This font is a little more masculine than the Vivaldi one, this could affect the look of the advert.
Monotype Corsiva- This font is a plainer than the rest but it still has a femenine effect with the serifs, this would be best used foe the text not the title as it isnt as visually interesting.
Freestyle Script- This font is smooth and is basically very neat italic handwriting, i like this because its quite feminine to relate to the audience as well as it being swirly to link to nature and growth. I could use this for either the title or the text.
French Script- This font is very formal like written in a letter by hand, it reminds me of old fashioned scribbly letters. I like this font because of this and its old just like a forest, it links to women because it is again feminine. This could be used for either the text or the title.
I will choose when i put together my advertisment and judge which is the best one.

1 comment:

  1. Good - you are considering all elements of the final advertisment carefully. You experimented with many of these in constructing your advertisement.

    ReplyDelete