Thursday 4 November 2010

Cosmetics Advert: Target Audience

My target audience are women aged 16-25 mainly because it relates to them more because of the woman in the advert. But it could appeal to a woman of any age in theory. I think my advert will appeal to younger women more because they can associate themselves to the model, the style if the advert is also very feminine and links to the nature side of women.
The demographic classicication of my audience is going to be mainly B and C1 but it may also apply to A and C2.


A- Higher managerial, administrative,or professional Upper Middle Class.
B- Intermediate managerial, administrative or professional Middle Class.
C1- Supervisory or clerical and junior managerial, administrative or professional Lower Middle Class.
C2- Skilled manual workers Skilled Working Class.
D- Semi and unskilled manual workers Workering Class.
E- Those at the lowest levels of subsistance- Entirely dependant on state for long-term income.
Audience personal ambitions: I think that the target audience of my advert is going to be reformers because they are eco-friendly and the idea of nature and forests may convince them to but my product. I think it will also apply to individuals because it is a different style perfume and is different to the mainstream aimed products.
In Maslow's hierarchey of needs, my advert appeals to the esteem section of the pyramid and the love/belonging section. I think it appeals to the esteem section because it make them feel better about themselves. It appeals to the love section because it is sexy and makes the woman wearing it feel attractive and individual.

1 comment:

  1. Good. You have considered your target audience and used each of the audience profile models.

    "associate themselves to the model"

    Associate with.

    The image appeals to the audience by connoting certain ideologies as well as being one with which the audience can identify.

    ReplyDelete